Vegetable Pot Pie
This all american classic is great with chicken, turkey or my favorite just vegetables. It's quick, easy and delicious!
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust in rolls
- 2 cans of mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (you can substitute cream of celery soup to make this vegetarian)
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one roll of pie crust on the bottom of a greased 9" pie plate and allow excess to work its way up the side.
- In a small bowl add vegetables, soup, salt, pepper and onion powder stirring until combined.
- Place mixture in pie plate making sure to spread it out evenly.
- Take remaining pie crust and lay it on top of the mixture, either fold over or cut off excess pie crust.
- Cut three small slits across the top so the pie can vent and let out steam. This helps to keep you pie crust from being too soggy.
- Place in oven and back for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is also great with roasted chicken or turkey. Just shred your pre-cooked chicken or turkey and add it and one additional can of soup to your vegetable mixture. I also like to make it in individual ramekins when having guest so everyone gets their own individual pot pie. Just make sure you place ramekins on a baking sheet to prevent them from cooking over onto your oven.