I love doughnuts pretty much year round but there is just something about a steaming cup of hot coffee and a warm doughnut during the winter that just screams cozy. I love to curl up with a homemade doughnut and a cup of coffee in front of the fire on a cold and snowy morning. With the local forecast calling for snow and frigid temps this weekend I am looking forward to making some of these amazing doughnuts.
I mean don’t these just look amazing! The best part is these are super easy to make as well.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vanilla sugar (see note below)
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray doughnut pan with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Split a vanilla bean down the middle and scrap out the seeds and add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and milk to egg mixture add beat until just combined.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture a little at a time and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into each cavity of the doughnut pan and lightly tap on counter to settle mixture so each cavity is even.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of milk until creamy.
- If mixture is too thick add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Once you are at the desired consistency add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Place a cooling rack over the top of a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Dip the top of each completely cooled doughnut into the glaze and then place back on cooling rack allowing excess glaze to drip onto the baking sheet.
- Allow the glaze to harden before serving. Let the glaze harden before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Split one large vanilla bean down the center and add to a 3 cups of sugar. Store in an airtight container with approximately 1 inch or room at top of container. Shake every 2 days to distribute vanilla bean throughout the container. Store for at least 2 weeks to allow sugar to absorb vanilla flavor.
If you have never made doughnuts before you are going to need to get you a doughnut pan. Here is the link for the pan I use that I ordered from Amazon.
Speaking of Amazon, I’ve teamed up with a great group of bloggers to bring you a HUGE giveaway. Starting TODAY you can enter to win a $700 Amazon gift card. The giveaway only last 2 weeks so be sure to enter below. There are a few entries that can be done more than once so be sure to come back! Just think of how many doughnut pans you can buy for $700. You could start your own bakery with that many pans!
Thanks to my bloggers friends to helping to make this giveaway happen! They are a great group of talented people so be sure to check out their blogs as well. There’s so much creativity out there on the interweb and tons of great ideas.
foodfashionandfun.com | jessicanwood.com | seasonalcravings.com | avocadopesto.com | louloubiscuit.com | lexibites.com | kiwiandcarrot.com | bbritnell.com | SeductionMeals.com | beergirlcooks.com | cookingwithjanica.com | arousingappetites.com | wholesomelicious.com | tasteandsee.com | theskinnypot.com | mayihavethatrecipe.com | platingsandpairings.com | saltsole.com | twosisterskitchens.com | theginghamapron.com | thathealthykitchen.com | kitchenofeatin.com | jeanniestriedandtruerecipes.com | omgfood.com | sweetteasweetie.com | leelalicious.com | JarOfLemons.com | kitchensanctuary.com | veggiebalance.com | baconmybroccoli.com | justsotasty.com | bessiebakes.com | eatwithinyourmeans.com | domesticdee.com
HOW TO ENTER
For a chance to win, leave a comment on this post, tweet about this post, follow me and my fellow bloggers on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, etc., or sign up for email updates. Then simply indicate you have done so on the Rafflecopter below.
The contest will run from January 13, 2016 to January 27, 2016 and is open to residents of the US, Canada, and UK. Winner will be selected at random and contacted via email.