Turkey Noodle Soup
A great way to use up leftover turkey from the holidays or for a change for the norm.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ tbsp. minced garlic in olive oi
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1½ cups shredded turkey
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Cook carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium size stock pot over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the veggies with flour. Cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, while stirring.
- Add bay leaf and turkey. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- In an additional pot, bring water and 2 tbsp. of salt to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook until al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Drain egg noodles and remaining pasta water.
- Add noodles and 1 cup of the pasta water to the soup mixture. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.