Everyone's favorite cookie in a creamy candy truffle.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 36 truffles
- 1 package double stuff Oreos
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package Ghirardelli white chocolate melting pieces
- food coloring, optional
- In a food processor equipped with the steel blade and the whole package of Oreos and pulse until they are a fine crumb.
- Add in softened cream cheese and pulse until combined with cookie crumbs and form a ball.
- Using a small cookie scoop, measure out cookie mixture, roll into balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet with cookie balls into the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the white chocolate pieces according to the directions on the package. Remove from microwave, stir and add food coloring if desired.
- Remove cookie balls from the refrigerator and using a fork lower the balls one at a time into the melted chocolate mixture. Shake off any excess chocolate and place truffle on a baking sheet with a wire cooking rack placed on top. Repeat this process for all the cookie balls.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow chocolate time to set up.
- Carefully remove from wire racks and place in a decorative container for a tasty gift anyone will enjoy.