My family and I love roasted vegetables. The bring out the natural sugars in the vegetables giving them a bit of a sweet taste. This was actually one of the few ways I could get my youngest daughter to eat anything other than corn and potatoes for years.
Roasting veggies are super easy. Basically take any of your favorite veggies (i.e. potatoes, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, etc.) and drizzle them with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375-400 degrees for approximately 20-40 minutes depending on the type of veggie and how well you like your cooked.
For times when you want to kick up your roasted veggies to another level I highly suggest adding some spices and seasoning along with bread crumbs to give them a little texture. Below is one of my favorites, Roasted Ranch Cauliflower Bites. I love ranch dressing but my husband is not a huge fan so you decide how much ranch dressing mix to add to yours. For those of you who want a subtle hint I would say 2-3 tbsp. If you want more of a kick I would say add 5-6 tbsp.
- ½ head fresh cauliflower cut into bit size pieces
- 2½ tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 4 tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 3 tbsp. Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite size pieces. Place in a gallon size Ziploc bag.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bag, seal and shake until all the cauliflower pieces are coated.
- Empty the bag onto the baking sheet making sure to keep the pieces in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is lightly browned.