Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats with Mini Chocolate Chips
Sweet, salty and oh so good. A modern twist on a childhood favorite.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Snacks
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup Smuckers Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6½ cups Rice Krispies
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter and marshmallows over medium low heat stirring constantly.
- Add in Salted Caramel Sauce and stir over medium low heat until caramel is melted and incorporated into the marshmallows and butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly stir in Rice Krispies one cup at a time.
- Add ½ of the mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips on top.
- Using wax paper, firmly press the mixture down into the baking dish. Allow to sit at room temperature until cool.