Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars
These granola bars are chewy, delicious and packed with protein.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Easy
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- ⅓ cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- ⅓ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Cover the bottom and sides of dish with parchment paper. Make sure your parchment paper extends past the side of the dish, this will make it easier to get your granola out.
- Spray the parchment paper with non stick spray.
- In a medium size bow and using a whisk beat the egg white till it turns white and bubbly (frothy) looking.
- Stir brown sugar, honey into the egg until combined.
- Slowly add the cooled melted butter, oats, rice puffs and peanuts to the mixture.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture in the prepared baking dish making sure to press down firmly and that the mixture is even on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Invert baking dish onto cutting board and cut into bar shapes.
When storing these granola bars I recommend putting them in an airtight container and layering a piece of parchment paper in between. This will keep your granola bars from sticking together.