Key Lime Cool Down
This light and creamy dessert is perfect on a warm summer night.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 25 Graham Crackers
- ¼ granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 12 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place graham crackers and sugar in a food processor equipped with the steel blade.
- Pulse until crumbled then slowly add cooled melted butter and pulse until combined. It should resemble wet sand when it is ready.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into baking dish and press firmly to the bottom of the dish to form a crust.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- While mixture is cooling combine condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer equipped with the whisking attachment, add heavy whipping cream and food coloring.
- Mix on high speed until cream forms stiff peaks.
- Slowly and gently fold the milk and lime mixture into the whipped cream mixture until blended. Do not stir!
- Pour mixture over cooled crust and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the top and serve cold.
If you don't have sweetened condensed milk you can make your own by taking Evaporated milk and 1¼ cup sugar and heat over medium low heat just until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.