Campanelle Pasta with Chicken Meatballs
A different but just as delicious twist on the classic spaghetti and meatballs.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 16 ounce package Italian Campanelle pasta
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl add ground chicken, eggs, milk, ketchup, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning and chopped parsley. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Using a melon scoop or a small cookie scoop, scoop out chicken mixture and using we hands roll into balls and add to the hot skillet. (f mixture is too wet, slowly add in more bread crumbs until it will hold the shape of a meatball without coming apart)
- In batches, brown the meatballs on all sides and then place on a plate.
- Once all meatballs are browned go ahead and start your pasta water making sure you have generously salted the water. Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook till aldente.
- After browning all meatballs, reduce the skillet to medium heat and add the chicken stock to the skillet and using a spatula scrap all the browned pieces up of the bottom.
- Add the meatballs and sun-dried tomatoes, including ½ the olive oil, to the skillet. Cover and cook and additional 5 - 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- In a large serving bowl add drained pasta, mozzarella and contents of the skillet including the broth.
- Toss using tongs to coat all the pasta evenly and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with a salad and warm bread.