This delicious casserole is great as a side dish for picnic or bbq but also for breakfast.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bag frozen hashbrown
- ½ small onion
- 1 large container sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small can fried onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine hashbrowns, onion, butter and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and chicken soup. Add to bowl with hashbrowns.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to mixture of stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Add mixture to dish and smooth top with a spoon.
- Add remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and add fried onion and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the top is golden brown.