So this past weekend I decided to try a new item I had found, Woodford Reserve Bourbon Smoked Garlic Sea Salt. Before I get into the actual recipe here is a little history about Woodford Reserve. Woodford Reserve is a well-known bourbon that is made here in my hometown. If you are ever in this area of Kentucky you definitely need to check out the Bourbon Trail and some of the wonderful distilleries here in Kentucky. Woodford Reserve is the oldest working bourbon distillery in the United States and is a National Landmark. For more information about the distillery check out their website http://www.woodfordreserve.com/distillery/our-homeplace/.
Now back to the recipe. I have so many ways I want to try out this seasoning. I figured I would start with something simple and easy first. I took thin sliced chicken breast and marinated them for an hour in olive oil, pepper and the seasoning. After letting them set for an hour I just cooked them on the grill until cooked through and served them up with some fresh veggies off the grill. I only have one word for the chicken, FABULOUS! The chicken was so tender you could cut it with a fork and the seasoning was perfect, not an overwhelming garlic or salt taste and my husband and I couldn’t even taste any bourbon (a big plus for us since we aren’t huge bourbon drinkers).
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Woodford Reserve Bourbon Smoked Garlic and Sea Salt
- Place the chicken breast flat in a 9 x 13 baking dish, do not overlap the chicken.
- Drizzle ½ the olive oil, pepper and seasoning over the chicken breast and rub into the meat with your hands.
- Flip the chicken over and repeat this process.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove for refrigerator and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook on grill over medium heat for 5-10 minutes on each side depending on how thick your chicken breast are.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.