This March, Harlequin kicks off the Romance When You Need It campaign, with the launch of an awesome video.
Whether a reader needs an escape from her hectic day, or has some unexpected time to herself—she can count on Harlequin for romance when she needs it, wherever she is!
Readers get 17 free books when they sign up for the Harlequin newsletter!!
Link to website: http://bookpages.
I love doughnuts pretty much year round but there is just something about a steaming cup of hot coffee and a warm doughnut during the winter that just screams cozy. I love to curl up with a homemade doughnut and a cup of coffee in front of the fire on a cold and snowy morning. With the local forecast calling for snow and frigid temps this weekend I am looking forward to making some of these amazing doughnuts.
I mean don’t these just look amazing! The best part is these are super easy to make as well.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vanilla sugar (see note below)
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray doughnut pan with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Split a vanilla bean down the middle and scrap out the seeds and add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and milk to egg mixture add beat until just combined.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture a little at a time and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into each cavity of the doughnut pan and lightly tap on counter to settle mixture so each cavity is even.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of milk until creamy.
- If mixture is too thick add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Once you are at the desired consistency add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Place a cooling rack over the top of a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Dip the top of each completely cooled doughnut into the glaze and then place back on cooling rack allowing excess glaze to drip onto the baking sheet.
- Allow the glaze to harden before serving. Let the glaze harden before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Split one large vanilla bean down the center and add to a 3 cups of sugar. Store in an airtight container with approximately 1 inch or room at top of container. Shake every 2 days to distribute vanilla bean throughout the container. Store for at least 2 weeks to allow sugar to absorb vanilla flavor.
If you have never made doughnuts before you are going to need to get you a doughnut pan. Here is the link for the pan I use that I ordered from Amazon.
Speaking of Amazon, I’ve teamed up with a great group of bloggers to bring you a HUGE giveaway. Starting TODAY you can enter to win a $700 Amazon gift card. The giveaway only last 2 weeks so be sure to enter below. There are a few entries that can be done more than once so be sure to come back! Just think of how many doughnut pans you can buy for $700. You could start your own bakery with that many pans!
Thanks to my bloggers friends to helping to make this giveaway happen! They are a great group of talented people so be sure to check out their blogs as well. There’s so much creativity out there on the interweb and tons of great ideas.
foodfashionandfun.com | jessicanwood.com | seasonalcravings.com | avocadopesto.com | louloubiscuit.com | lexibites.com | kiwiandcarrot.com | bbritnell.com | SeductionMeals.com | beergirlcooks.com | cookingwithjanica.com | arousingappetites.com | wholesomelicious.com | tasteandsee.com | theskinnypot.com | mayihavethatrecipe.com | platingsandpairings.com | saltsole.com | twosisterskitchens.com | theginghamapron.com | thathealthykitchen.com | kitchenofeatin.com | jeanniestriedandtruerecipes.com | omgfood.com | sweetteasweetie.com | leelalicious.com | JarOfLemons.com | kitchensanctuary.com | veggiebalance.com | baconmybroccoli.com | justsotasty.com | bessiebakes.com | eatwithinyourmeans.com | domesticdee.com
HOW TO ENTER
For a chance to win, leave a comment on this post, tweet about this post, follow me and my fellow bloggers on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, etc., or sign up for email updates. Then simply indicate you have done so on the Rafflecopter below.
The contest will run from January 13, 2016 to January 27, 2016 and is open to residents of the US, Canada, and UK. Winner will be selected at random and contacted via email.
A special thanks to Beth and foodfashionandfun.com for coordinating and planning the giveaway and to seasonalcravings.com for designing the graphics for the giveaway.
Time for “A Few of My Favorite Things” week #5’s fabulous goodies. This week I have partnered again with Christine Lane over at Dessert for Two, Leslie Bilderback (courtesy of St. Martin’s Press, and to offer you another amazing basket of goodies.
Christine Lane over at Dessert for Two blog has graciously donated a copy of her cookbook “Comfort and Joy: Cooking for Two”. Let me just tell you this book is awesome. It has all kinds of meal ideas and desserts made in small batches for those of us who only cook for a couple of people on a daily basis. I have her Dessert for Two Cookbook and can’t wait to snag my own copy of this book as well 🙂 If you missed your chance to win a copy in week #2’s giveaway now is your chance to try again!
Next up we two cookbooks from Chef Leslie Bilderback, courtesy of St. Martin’s Press, Mug Cakes and Mug Meals. Leslie is a Certified Master Baker and a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. Leslie has been profiled by The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and Culinary Trends Magazine, and was a winner in season three of Food Network’sSweet Genius.
Last but not least, the winner will receive a 2 lb. of Imperial Sugar Pure Cane Sugar and a wooden mixing spoon (provided by Majorly Delicious). I hope you guys love this week’s items. Be sure to click below to enter into the giveaway and please check out the sponsors sites as well!
A special thanks to this weeks sponsors Dessert for Two, St. Martin’s Press, Leslie Bilderback and Imperial Sugar for their extreme generosity! Please be sure to check out their website as well and share the love!
The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange Week is upon us, friends, and I could not be more excited!
60+ blog friends are sharing gorgeous cookie recipes from today through next Saturday, and today, I’ve teamed up with 50 other bloggers to bring you The Sweetest Season’s Sweetest Cookie Giveaway! We’ve put together an incredible cookie baking prize package, and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.
row two: The Speckled Palate | The Gift of Gab | think fruitful | Majorly Delicious | Sugar Dish Me | An Oregon Cottage | A Savory Feast | The Foodie Patootie | Twin Stripe | Hidden Fruits and Veggies
row three: Appeasing a Food Geek | DC Girl in Pearls | Bessie Bakes | Brunch with Joy | Cooking With Libby | 2 Cookin Mamas | Lou Lou Biscuit | Me and My Pink Mixer | Wetherills Say I Do | The Little Epicurean |
row four: The Emotional Baker | Cake ‘n Knife | Glisten and Grace | Meredith Noelle | The Secret Ingredient [is love] | SammaSpot | Hey There Sunshine | Natasha Red Blog | Flavors & Sabores | Macheesmo
row five: Beer Girl Cooks | My California Roots | Butchers Niche | The Skinny Pot | Sustaining the Powers | Feast + West | Not Your Average Southern Belle | Vanilla And Bean | Our Life Inspired | That Square Plate
Be sure to check out our blogs to see all of our cookie recipes throughout the week! We’re using the hashtag #sweetestseasoncookies on social media this week, and we’re joining even more bloggers baking cookies, so it’s going to be a grand time!
Now, on to the giveaway!
A whopping 51 bloggers teamed up to bring you an awesome cookie-centric giveaway! We picked out a stand mixer and other goodies to make baking this season go smoothly. And, a big thank you goes out to the generous sponsors who helped with The Sweetest Season by organizing, as well as providing products to the participating bloggers and donating some incredible prizes for our giveaway! Be sure to check out Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals, Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery and The Crumby Cupcake for lots of great recipe ideas. And check out Garnishing Co., who designed our graphics.
We’re giving away The Sweetest Cookie Prize Pack, and it is worth $690! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set of cookie baking goodies. The prize pack includes:
- One KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl in Sugar Pearl Silver // $315 value
- One $50 Bob’s Red Mill gift card and one exclusive set of Bob’s Red Mill products: One 5-lb. bag Organic All Purpose Flour, one 5-lb. bag Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, one 40-oz. bag Almond Meal, one 28-oz. bag Sparkling Sugar, one 28-oz. bag Cane Sugar // $95 value
- Two 4-lb. bags of Imperial Sugar/Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, one My First Cookbook and a silicone baking mat // $50 value
- Coupons for $40 worth of Cabot Creamery products, including butter and yogurt // $40 value
- One OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl // $35 value
- One Jenaluca Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop // $33 value
- One 2-piece Calphalon Nonstick Baking Sheet Set // $30 value
- One 10” x 15” Stainless Steel Metal Cooling Rack // $25 value
- One 7-piece OXO Good Grips Multi-colored Nesting Measuring Beaker Set // $20 value
- One GIR: Get It Right Ultimate Spatula in Gray // $19 value
- One 5-piece R & M Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips 11” Balloon Whisk // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula // $8 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 65 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $690. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of December 5, 2015.
- To read all giveaway terms and conditions, visit the giveaway terms and conditions page or click the option in the Rafflecopter below to review them.