Parmesan Oven Fried Chicken
The moist, crunchy, and flavorful coating you love on traditional fried chicken only healthier.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
For the Coating
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and spices for the soak.
- Place the chicken breast in a gallon size storage bag. Pour the soak into the bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal.
- Massage the soak into the chicken and place in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a baking rack on a baking sheet and thoroughly coat with non stick spray.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and set aside
- In a shallow baking dish combine all the ingredients for the coating and stir to combine.
- One at a time, place the chicken into the baking dish and evenly coat both sides of the chicken with the coating. Place the chicken on the baking rack.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with non stick spray.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked all the way thru.