Easter is going to be here before we know it. Now that my kids are grown I only make Easter baskets for my younger niece and nephew and of course my granddaughter, but even us grown ups like to have a little treat for Easter. This year I am making this quick and easy treat for everyone to enjoy. This simple recipe takes your everyday crispy treat up to the next level with an egg (or whatever you have on hand) cookie cutter, some melting chocolate and a few sprinkles you can have this fabulous treat to share with the ones you care about.
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white melting chocolate
- ¼ cup colored sprinkles
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and rice cereal.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and spread the cereal mixture onto the baking sheet. Make sure to spread the mixture evenly until it is approximately ¼" thick.
- Allow to cool and set for about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to the directions on the bag.
- Cut out into your desired shape and dip into chocolate mixture and add sprinkles.
- Place on a sheet of was paper to set. Store in airtight container.
Hugs and Happy Cooking ♥