Strawberry filled Oats and Honey Bars
These bars have a honey and oats crust with a layer of strawberry jam in the middle for a crunch and sweet treat everyone loves.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Snack
- 1⅔ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ cup strawberry jam, seedless
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 11" baking dish with aluminum foil. Make sure to leave enough hanging over the edges for easy removal later. Spray with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda until combined.
- /4 butter into sections and add it and the honey to the oat mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Take approximately ⅔ of the mixture and press into the bottom of the baking dish. Make sure to press down firmly sound the crust sticks together when baking.
- Spread the strawberry jam over the crust but don't go all the way to the edges so the jam doesn't burn.
- Take the remaining ⅓ of the mixture and crumble it evenly onto the top of
- the jam.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till the crumbles on top are lightly browned.
- Cool for approximately 2 hours. Using the aluminum foil, gently remove the bars from the baking dish. Pull off aluminum foil and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp chef's knife, cut into bars.
To make a heartier crumble for the top you can sprinkle with additional oats or add some sliced almonds to the top before baking. This is also good with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on the top and with all kinds of different jams.