Creamy Ziti Marinara
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: entrée
- 1 pound box of Ziti pasta
- 1 12 ounce jar of pasta sauce
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta until Al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble and add beef and garlic to the skillet and cook until beef is thoroughly cooked thru.
- Add pasta sauce, cream cheese and parmesan cheese to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until cream cheese is melted and incorporated into pasta sauce.
- Add ½ pasta to baking dish and top with ½ the sauce and meat mixture and repeat this process for remaining pasta and sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Serving size: ⅛ Calories: 512 Fat: 22 g Saturated fat: 6 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 51 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 484 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 27 g Cholesterol: 78 mg