I don’t know about you but there is nothing better than a mimosa. It is the perfect drink for parties, brunches, holidays or basically anytime! I was recently invited to participate in Stirrings Blogger Recipe Challenge to come up with a unique cocktail using one of Stirrings mixer and rimmers. I figured this was a no brainer for me, since I love mimosas so much why not try to come up with a new version of my favorite drink.
So allow me to introduce you to the Cosmoberry Mimosa.
It blends together the flavors of cosmopolitan mixer and orange juice with champagne and vodka. To make it even more unique I add a tablespoon of my Blueberry Simple Syrup which gives it a little bit of sweetness. Another one of my new favorite things is adding frozen fruit to cocktails in place of ice. It just looks a little more sophisticated and gives the drink even more personality.
This recipe is simple, low calorie and so so good.
- 3 ounces Stirrings 5 calorie Cosmopolitan Mixer
- 3 ounce orange juice (I used Tropicana 50)
- 1 Tbsp. Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 3 ounces champagne
- 1⅕ ounces vodka
- Lemon wedge
- Frozen lemon slices
- Stirrings Cosmopolitan Rimmer
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 pint blueberries
- Juice of half small lemon
- Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Add sugar, water and blueberries to small sauce pan. Over medium low heat, cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat up to medium high and bring to boil for 15 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator.
- Cosmoberry Mimosa
- Add mixer, orange juice, blueberry simple syrup, champagne, vodka and ice to a shaker. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Wet the edges of glass with the lemon wedge and dip into Stirrings Cosmopolitan Rimming sugar.
- Add frozen lemon wedges into the bottom of the glass and pour mixture into glass.
- Sip, relax and enjoy!
I hope you will give it and Stirrings mixers and rimming sugars a try.