Dark rich chocolate brownies with a hint of Kahlua and then topped with a rich chocolate and Kahlua butter cream frosting.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box double chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 2 tbsp. strong coffee
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, oil and liqueur and mix until combined completely.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer (or large bowl and hand-held mixer) add butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until butter and sugar and combined.
- Add Kahlua and vanilla extract and pulse until combined.
- Slowly start adding in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until the frosting becomes the texture you want. I like mine to be a little on the thicker side, makes it easier to spread on brownies and cakes.
- Frost the brownies while they are still in the baking dish then cut and serve.
I like to do mine the day before I am planning on eating them. This way they can sit in the refrigerator over night. Something about them being good and cold just enhances the flavor for me. These are very, very rich brownies and a little goes a long way.