Egg Drop Soup
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 32 oz carton of low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- 1½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring ¾ of the chicken broth, ginger, onion powder, salt, carrot and green onion to a boil.
- Place eggs and egg yolk in a 2 cup measuring glass and using a fork scramble the eggs until the yolk are all broken and eggs have created a smooth texture.
- Once the broth is boiling, slowly add the eggs a little at a time. The eggs should cook instantly when they hit the hot broth.
- In a small bowl add the remaining broth and cornstarch. Whisk together until smooth and slowly stir into broth and eggs.
- Reduce to simmer and serve.