I love vegetables! This is something I am sure my parents never thought they would hear me say. I was the kid who was the picky eater, I lived off peanut butter, grilled cheese and hot dogs. The only vegetables I ever ate until about the age of 10 where corn and potatoes.
Once I decided it was time to take that leap and give all the other veggies a try I have never looked back. Sure there are a few I cannot tolerate, just the smell of cabbage makes my stomach turn, but for the most part I love all of them. I am still that same young picky eater to a point though, I only like veggies cooked. I do not like any vegetable raw. There is just now enough ranch dressing in this world to make me eat and enjoy them raw 🙂
One of my favorite ways to cook them is to roast them in the oven but once summer time gets here I am all about putting them on the grill. You get that same sweet taste you get from roasting them in the oven, clean up is just a whole lot easier. This weekend my husband and I grilled some zucchini, carrots and onions together and they were fabulous. Here is how we did it.
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Double layer heavy duty aluminum foil and shape into a bowl.
- Add all the above ingredients into the bowl and slightly shake to distribute the oil and seasoning.
- Carefully pinch the tops of the bowl together so that it is semi sealed.
- Place on the bottom grill rack and cook on high heat for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies or cooked to the tenderness you desire.