Banana Muffins with Dark Chocolate Chips
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1½ cups bananas, mashed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with non-stick spray or use cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed bananas, oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar until combined and creamy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place one scoop of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
You can also substitute ¾ cups of chopped walnuts for the chocolate chips.