Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
The perfect combination of peanut butter and dark chocolate chips
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips with peanut butter inside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, oats and salt.
- On the low setting, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Dump the batter into the baking sheet and firmly press the bars into and even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or just until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the dish before cutting.
Adapted from recipe by Mel's Kitchen.