Simple Fried Rice
Fried rice is a quick, easy and tasty dish that works well as both a side dish or a main course.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice, cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ½ tsp. black powder
- 2 tbsp. low sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¼ - ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- Bring 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add instant rice. Let set for 5 minutes then lightly toss with a fork to separate. Allow to set to room temperature or you can make the day before and refrigerate.
- Scramble to egg in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, add butter and diced onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Add rice, pepper, veggies, teriyaki and soy sauce and continue cooking for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- During the last couple minutes of cook time add your eggs back to the skillet and stir.