This yummy pizza sauce is simple to make and make a large quantity that you can easily freeze.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- In a large skillet over medium heat add tbsp. olive oil and chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook onion until it starts to become tender and then add chopped garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and stir to deglaze the pan and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add crushed tomatoes and Italian Seasoning, stir and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
This recipe will make a lot of pizza sauce depending on how much you like to have on your pizza. I always take my leftover sauce and place it in a freezer safe container and freeze for future use. Will freeze for up to 3 months.