Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Rich chocolate brownies with a creamy peanut butter swirl.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pound salted butter
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 3 heaping tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 12 by 18 by 1½-inch sheet pan. You will want to use a sheet pan with high sides.
- Place a double boiler over a simmering pot of water. If you do not have a double boiler you can just place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, just make sure your bowl is large enough that it doesn't touch the water below or else your chocolate will cook rather than melt.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water.
- Allow to cool slightly or else you will scramble your eggs in the next step.
- In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared sheet pan.
- Spoon the peanut butter over the top of the chocolate mixture and using a knife, swirl it through the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into large squares.