Original Homemade Chili
A mild blend of spices let the beef, beans and pepper do all the talking in this chili recipe.
Author: Majorly Delicious
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 16 oz can mild chili beans in sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 packet chili mix seasoning
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1½ tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and pepper until tender.
- Add ground beef, using spoon or spatula to break beef into small pieces. Cook until beef is completely cooked.
- Add beef, peppers and onion mixture to crock-pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on the lowest setting for 6-8 hours. This recipe is one that the longer it cooks the better it taste.