Olive Oil and Rosemary Skillet Bread
This is the perfect no knead bread recipe for all year. It's quick and easy and always turns out perfect with a crusty outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Bread
- 2¼ (1 Packet) Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Rosemary (can be fresh or dried)
- Dissolve yeast into a large bowl with 2 cups warm water.
- Add salt and stir in flour one cup at a time.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 1 hour to rise. Dough should double itself in size.
- After 1 hour, empty bowl onto a well floured surface and shape into a disc.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and lightly drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a 12" skillet (cast iron, stainless steel or any that is oven safe).
- Using pastry brush or paper towel, spread the olive oil all over the inside of the skillet so it is thoroughly coated.
- Place disc into skillet and cut several slits across the top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary and lightly sprinkle with more salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.