Mixed Berry Bars
These aren't your ordinary granola bar. Sweetened with honey and maple syrup, these bars are loaded with oatmeal, dried blueberries and cherries.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar alternative
- ⅔ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl stir together cereal, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, blueberries, cherries and walnuts.
- in a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and stir together until thoroughly coated.
- Dump mixture into baking dish and using a rubber spatula, firmly press mixture into and even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
- Allow to cool in baking dish for 2 hours before cutting into squares.