So this past Friday night I enjoyed a much-needed girls night in with my bestie Dawn (who also just happens to be my cousin). We hadn’t really been able to hang out much since we took our trip with our mothers to Disney back at the end of February. Here’s a picture of us, aren’t we adorable 🙂
Anyway, we both had a pretty hectic week and wanted to enjoy some time together but neither of us wanted to put forth the energy required to get gussied up and go out. So I decided I would just make us some Skillet Lasanga and we would watch some smutty, girly movie (i.e. 50 Shades of Grey, no judging please). And we all know, you can’t watch a romance without a good drink so I made a big pitcher of my White Wine Sangria to go with everything. After getting home that night I thought maybe I should fix a quick salad to go with our meal, you know, try to make things a little healthier. Well, let’ just say I made us a salad, but the whole healthy part completely went out the window 😉 If you haven’t heard of it before, allow me to introduce you to a crowd pleasing, simple and fantastic side dish know as Doritos Salad.
- 1 large head Iceburg lettuce
- 3 cups crushed nacho cheese Doritos
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Creamy french dressing
- Rinse your lettuce under cold water and pat dry to remove any excess water.
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces or if you have a lettuce knife cut the lettuce into small pieces and add to large salad bowl.
- Add crushed Doritos and cheese.
- Starting with a small amount, pour about ¼ dressing over the salad and lightly toss. Repeat this step as necessary until the salad is lightly coated in dressing.
I hope you all will give this recipe along with my others a try. It is great for bbq’s, cookouts and well just about anything. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!