Happy Saturday guys! I hope you guys had a good week, the weather has finally started improving here in Kentucky and we are finally seeing some long stretches of sunshine and warmer temperatures. Since sunshine puts all of us in such a good mood I thought I would share a recipe that is sure to put your family in a good mood as well. This easy Cheese Danish is a great go to weekend breakfast that you can ever make ahead the nigh before and just pop in the oven the next morning.
The simple trick to making this Danish is to used store-bought refrigerated crescent roll sheets. Now is you can’t find the sheets you can always use the regular canned crescent rolls but you will need to take a rolling-pin to the seams to smooth everything out.
Once you have the bottom sheet prepped you are onto making the cream cheese filling. This just takes three simple ingredients: cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. I just beat mine together in my stand mixer until it was nice and creamy which will make it easier to spread. Once the mixture is nice and creamy just spoon it onto your prepared crescent roll and smooth out all the way to the edges.
Add remaining crescent sheet on the top stretching it until it meets at the ends with the bottom layer. If you get holes in the top sheet don’t worry about it. This will actually help your pastry vent and keep it from puffing up when you bake it. Now is where you can either stop, cover with aluminum foil and stick it in the refrigerator overnight or you can go ahead and bake it.
As yu can see the pastry will rise a bit after baking but don’t worry, it will deflate as it cools. Allow your pastry to cool for five minutes before cutting and serving. You could also drizzle a glaze over the top if you like before cutting. I just like to garnish with some fresh fruit before serving.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Please let me know what you think in the comments below! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
- 2 can of refrigerated crescent roll sheets
- 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese at room temperature
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper..
- Roll out one can of crescent rolls onto a baking sheet. Slightly pull on the outer edges to help stretch the dough out but make sure you don't leave any holes or your cream cheese mixture will go everywhere.
- Beat together cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Carefully add in powdered sugar (if you are using a stand/hand mixer make sure the mixer is off or you will be wearing the powdered sugar) and beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture evenly over cresect roll going all the way to the edge of the sheet.
- Open remaining can of cresecnt rolls and slightly pull al the outer edges to help stretch the dough. This time holes in the dough do not matter, it will help to vent the pastry while cooking.
- Lay over the top of the creamy cheese mixture and lightly press down the edges to seal.
- Bake at 350 degress for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into triangles or other fun shapes and serve.