Decadent Carrot Cake
Moist carrot cake with rich and creamy cream cheese frosting
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- ½ tsp. bourbon flavored vanilla (or plain vanilla)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. bourbon flavored vanilla (or plain vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (9" round) pan with non stick spray and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add eggs, oil applesauce and vanilla.
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer) blend the ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold carrots into mixture.
- Pour into pans and lightly tap the bottom of each pan on the bottom to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40 minutes are until the cake is completely cooked thru.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the plan and dispose of parchment paper. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and using a mixer, blend all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting onto the top of one cake and then stack the remaining cake on top and continue frosting the cake until you have it completely covered.