Time sure does fly when you are having fun. Today is the last day of #Choctoberfest 😥 I hope you guys have enjoyed the fun and delicious chocolate recipes just as much as I have. For my last post I will be featuring our Gold Sponsor, Imperial Sugar, who very generously donated 40 pounds of sugar to each of us bloggers who participated in #Choctoberfest. Needless to say, this went a long way in whipping up all these yummy chocolate recipes. Be sure to head over to their website and check out their great products or just to say “hi”!
Today’s recipe is so good, I don’t know if I will be able to share these cookies with the husband. I might just have to hide these and keep them all to myself.
- 2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp. good vanilla extract
- 3⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups baking cocoa powder
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until just combined.
- On low-speed add in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract mixing until just combined.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- On low-speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time.
- Once combined, dump mixture onto a cutting board and press together into a large disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pinch off a large section of the dough and roll out till about ¼" thick and cut into shapes or use a biscuit cutter and cut into circle.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the center no longer looks shiny and wet.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Follow Imperial Sugar on Social Media
Be sure to check out the other bloggers participating and to enter the giveaway!