Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic in Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cup half and half
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 16 oz. potato package gnocchi
- 4 cups fresh spinach, stems removed and chiffonade into ribbons
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic. Cook until veggies are tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and cook for 4 - 5 minutes to cook the flour taste out, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring constantly.
- Add half and half while stirring constantly. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- in a large saucepan, cook gnocchi in batches in 4 cups of salted water for approximately 3 -4 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the top.
- Add the chicken, gnocchi and spinach to soup and stir.
- Allow to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and your favorite crusty bread.