A classic southern dish that can be served with breakfast or as a side at any meal. Stone ground grits, sharp cheddar cheese and subtle hints of garlic and onion.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Half and Half
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Using a medium size sauce pan bring water and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in grits and continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Add butter, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Continue to cook on med low for an additional 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half and half and cheese, stirring until well combined and cheese is completely melted.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes or until grits or the consistency you desire.
These are great for breakfast or as a side dish. I like to serve mine with turkey smoked sausage, makes for a great pair.