Here is a recipe I have posted before but with summer here I thought this would be a good one to repost for all the ice cream some of us may be consuming during these hot summer day 🙂
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp sea salt or any coarse salt
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium low heat, simmer sugar and water and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn heat up to medium high and boil until mixture turn a deep amber color. DO NOT STIR MIXTURE WHILE IT IS BOILING.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Slowly add and whisk heavy cream into sugar mixture. The sugar mixture will bubble up when the cream is added so be very careful.
- Add butter and salt and stir until butter is completely melted.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.