Italian Style Meatballs
Bite size meatballs that are perfect on their own or with pasta or as a sandwich. Quick and easy enough to make any time.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 30 meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ⅓ - ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray a baking rack with non-stick spray and place on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine hamburger, Italian seasoning, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Mix in tomato paste, egg and milk and ⅓ cup bread crumbs. If the mixture it too "wet" add in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out hamburger and roll into individual balls on place on the baking rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan add large jar of pasta sauce and cook over medium low heat until warm. Add meatballs and serve.