A one pot spin on an old classic.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ tsp. pepper
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 14.5 oz cans of peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup elbow pasta
- 4-6 oz. mozzarella cheese, fresh
- In a large skillet (12" or bigger) over medium heat cook diced onion until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning to the skillet and cook until beef is completely cooked.
- Lower heat to low and add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While beef sauce is simmering cook 1 cup of elbow pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and stir into beef sauce.
- Stir in cottage cheese and top with sliced, fresh mozzarella (amount depends on how cheesy you like it).
- Cover and simmer until cheese is melted.