I am finally back everyone! The husband and I took a much-needed mini vacation to Clearwater Beach hence my absence from the blog. The beach and weather were perfect, I really didn’t want to come back. But life goes on and I don’t think my boss would like me calling in on Monday because I decided to stay at the beach for another week 🙂
Well, the husband and I did bring home a little something extra with us when we came back, a summer cold 🙁 Of course I am being a complete wimp about it. First I have to leave the beautiful beach, then I was stuck behind a woman on the plane ride back home who will not be quiet (you all know the kind I am talking about) and now I have a cold!!!!
Anytime I am sick I crave starchy foods. Pasta, potatoes and of course bread. So what would be better than a rainy Sunday but a fresh homemade loaf of Honey Wheat Beer Bread.
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 ounces of beer (any kind you like)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.
- Add honey and beer to dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Place butter cubes on top of the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and bread is cooked thru.