Banana Pudding Pie
This quick and easy take on the classic banana pudding will have all your family screaming for more.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 small boxes instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 box mini Nilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease pie pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a food processor equipped with a metal blade, add ¾ box of Nilla wafers and confectioner's sugar.
- Using the pulse button, break up the wafers and sugar until all the wafers are crushed.
- Slowly add the cooled butter into the food processor and pulse the mixture until it combines and resembles a texture similar to wet sand.
- Pour mixture into the pie plate and using your hands firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pie pan working your way out to the edges.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely,
- In a stand mixer, add the pudding and milk and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the cream cheese to the mixture and mix for 2-3 minutes or until the cream cheese breaks up into the mixture.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in ½ the container of Cool Whip.
- Add pudding mixture to cooled pie crust making sure to spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until pudding is good and firm.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip evenly over the top of the pie and place Nilla wafers around the sides. Serve cold.
For and extra kick of banana flavor, when adding the pudding mixture spoon half the mixture into the pie then add 2 sliced bananas on top and cover with the remaining pudding.