Banana Bread with Mini Chocolate Chips
This bread is awesome as a snack and as a breakfast bread. I especially like mine after it has been in the refrigerator.
Author: Majorly Delicious
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In a measuring cups mix together the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the butter and sugar mixture (make sure the mixer is set on the stir setting).
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter in batches and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 - 75 minutes. If the top starts getting too brown cover it lightly with foil.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then remove from pan.